Mmh. My laptop has 20 MB of RAM. I don't think that I'll be using it
very extensively - it is rather a test to decide if I'm going to
install debian on my "main" computer, which by now is also starting to
get old (166 with 32 MB of RAM and 3 GB HD - still running windows
(  ). Does gnome use as much memory as KDE?
Besides, what does KDE give you more than these smaller WMs?