On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 11:58:27AM +0200, LAMIRAULT Nicolas wrote:
> yes i have lot of free space in /usr
> i try it tonight.
> I think i have made a bad configuration of my partitions
> I have 8Go on my hard disk, 64Mo RAM
> i don't remember very well, i think i have this :
> /usr : 5Go
> /var : 100Mo
> /home : 1Go
> /tmp : 70 Mo
> / : 200Mo (?)
> swap : 70Mo
>
> could you tell me a better configuration ?
>

> --
> Nicolas LAMIRAULT

I have /var/cache/apr/archive on a seperate partition, actually
on a seperate HD an old 1G clunker I had left over after an upgrade
on which I have 2 500M partitions one is /var/cache/apt/archive
the other mount as ~/music/mp3.

Your setup would probably be fine uner most dists, but debian stores
it's cache of downloaded .deb's under /var which is perfectly logical
but IMHO a note about this in the install would save a lot of problems
for first time debian installers

Cheers

Joel