Rino Mardo wrote (on 8 Sep 2001 at 7:59):

> curious indeed.  i remember having the same problem with hamm
and a
> toshiba notebook of the satellite series, but much older than
your
> notebook, and if i recall correctly there is a special boot
diskette
> image that you have to download and use to boot instead of from
the cd.

You mean the "tecra" boot floppy? I remember that too. I had to
use them to get hamm installed on a completely non-Toshiba system
once. But that was because the "normal" boot floppy kernel hung,
wasn't it?

Anyway, the situation I have now looks odd to me. I tell the BIOS
to boot CD, HDD in that order. If I put the 2.2r0 CD in the
drive, it boots. If I put the 2.2r3 CD in the drive, it's ignored
(or tried and found wanting I guess) and the system boots from
the hard disk. And I have two other computers here that boot fine
from the 2.2r3 CD.

Still curious,

Tony
--