Hi folks
I've got a (highly customized) debian/potato box.
(If you're tempted to reply at this point with
"why the hell aren't you running debian/unstable",
don't.)
One day the current unstable glibc2.2 debian will become
stable (or maybe it has already?) and I will want to
upgrade.
I don't want to do a dist-upgrade though, because it
will almost certainly break something on my very
patchy box.[B
Is there a nice way to upgrade gradually?
For example, if I upgrade the "base" package from
potato (glibc2.1) to soon-to-be-stable (glibc2.2), will
my box boot, or do I need to upgrade other things as well?[B

I do know what I'm doing but I'm too lazy to look through
the package contents and wanted to poke the list first,
so spare me the usual "dist-upgrade or bust" lecture, please.

cheers,
chris