On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 10:18:06AM -0700, John wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 10:22:46AM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 11:18:24PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > >    I am getting a message just starting proftpd daemon after upgrade the
> > > package.
> > > It's "No certificate files found!".
> > Sure that it is from proftpd?
> > Do you tried proftpd in standalone mit with -n -d5 ?
> >
> > > I think it's a proftpd new feature problem or any so.
> > > Do u have any idea for create or disable this burning message?
> > Hm, I don't think that it is a proftpd problem.
> > Let us have a look at your proftpd.conf and post your old and new Version
> > nummers and we'll look at it.

> I get the same message on bootup.  The one line reads:
>
>       Starting profesional ftp daemon - No certificate files found!
>
> Running Daemon mode, Sid box,
> ii  proftpd                    1.2.2-1
>
> with stock proftpd.conf
Ok, guys I tracked it down to a patch from the Packeger:
Packager:      Daniel Roesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This patch adds the output line:
proftpd-1.2.2.orig/modules/mod_tls.c:           log_pri(LOG_WARNING, "No
certificate files found!");
proftpd-1.2.2.orig/proftpd_1.2.2-1.diff:+       log_pri(LOG_WARNING, "No
certificate files found!");

I don't know what this is and what it is good but it's not in the latest
CVS Source of proftpd.

So I'm one of these lamers wich want to be Unix gurus and don't have any clue
about C coding so I suggest that someone else make further investigations.
Maybe the best step is to inform the Packager or fill a bug report.

The patch can be found here:
http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/p/proftpd/proftpd_1.2.2-1.diff.gz

HTH

Sven

--
Sven Hoexter Earth - Germany - Leverkusen -=|=-  e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
rm -rf /usr/bin/laden