Mike Egglestone wrote:

> Hi,
> I remeber awhile ago I had the same problem.
> I not too sure, but I believe was initially running qpopper
> first, and then installed imap.
> Then that message started to appear.
> I removed qpopper and just ran imap.
> Everything is good now.
> I think I like imap better than pop anyway.
>
> Are you running a pop3 and imap server at the same time?
>
> Mike
>
> Quoting Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

> >       Hi all,
> >       I installed imap package in a Debian GNU/Linux and every time I
> > access it there's a new message like this:

  the solution is to ONLY access the email via IMAP. So basically you
have IMAP server that handles the files (or whereever you store email,
might be database) and all MUAs access IMAP sever to get to data, so you
should never see the internal IMAP message since it hides it from you.
If you see the IMAP internal message you are accessing the email
directly (the file(s) where emails are stored) - don't do that.

  the fact that the emails are stored locally should not confuse you,
the way it works is like this:

  MTA (postfix, fetchmail etc.) -> local delivery agent (procmail etc.)
-> mail storage (files etc.) -> IMAP -> MUA (mutt, evolution, netscape
etc.) -> MTA

  (stuff before MUA is receiving side, after MUA is sending).

  MUAs can access the mail storage (as long as it's stored in files with
know format - mbox, maildir) but you should not use that method when you
use IMAP (file locking etc. problems).

        erik