"Karsten M. Self" wrote:

> on Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 10:58:23PM +0100, Arnout Bruinsma ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> wrote:
> > L.S.
> > I'm looking for a file manager for use under Window Maker.
> > In SuSe I used xfm but I can't find an xfm Debian package.
> > I hope somebody has a suggestion
>
> gmc isn't terribly visually bletcherous, and doesn't suffer the bloat of
> Nautilus.

  I love mc (text mode). I tried other ones and like the fancyness of
nautilus but for any work I like functional fm that enables me to
quickly view (and manipulate) archives/ftp/files, command line has to be
really close to my fingers and lets me use my own editor. and is fast.
mc can't be beaten by anything I have tried so far (being able to
control it comfortably by keyboard only is a big plus).

  just wondering - given the requirements above - is there anything
comparable? better?

        erik