On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:48:13PM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just wanted to know, as a "normal" user (as in, not completely
> new, but no guru either), how hard would it be to move to woody, or
> sid?
>
> Is it not that difficult? giving the fact that i have a fair knowledge of
> "moving" around in console, editing files, do some tweaking, etc...

I did a potato->woody the week of the 10th, no major problems.  I
asked on #debian first and was told to do upgrade apt-utils and
debconf first, then a dist-upgrade would work.  I had to manually go
through the list of packages because I ran out of space on /var, but
didn't have any problems besides that.

Rob

--
We are what we pretend to be.