On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 05:59:59PM -0500, Paul Miller wrote:
> I only want to move messages marked for deletion to the trash, then 30
> days later, delete old messages in the trash.  Read/unread messages, etc
> that are not marked for deletion should be kept indefinitely.

The default courier config (/etc/courier/imapd) looks like it'll do what
you want. Check out IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH and IMAP_EMPTYTRASH.
They're well-commented.

I don't think there's a way to get around the issue that deletion is a
two-step process in imap: mark as deleted; purge. So the functionality
is there, but you'll have to hypnotize and re-educate your outlook
lusers a bit.

tyler