Hi!

Am Mit, 2002-02-27 um 16.54 schrieb Bannerman, Israel:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Woody and I am trying to get X started.  I  am using the
> Mach32 driver for the ATI Rage Fury Pro video card I have.  But when I try
> to startx I get this:
>
> XF86Config: /etc/X11/XF86Config
> (**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values
> (--) no ModulePath specified using default: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
> dbe: Unknown error loading module
>
> Config Error: /etc/X11/XF86Config:48
>

>     SubSection  "extmod"
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Module section keyword expected
> giving up.
> xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
> xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error

It looks like your XF86Config is incomplete. Did you use some sort of
tool to configure X? a.e. xf86config, XF86Setup etc.?

 I only have an "extmod" listed as a module and the error message also
says that it expects a "module" section, but doesn't find it.
a.e.:

Section "Module"
        Load    "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "pex5"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "xie"
EndSection

I would necessarily copy these values directly into your config file,
but, it does give a bit of a clue about what belongs there and what the
syntax is.

I would also look at the info pages for the section and subsection for
clues on what sort of values "could" be put there. If you used the
graphical interface that comes with "XF86Setup", the correct values
should be there. If you installed Woody straight and used "anXious"(?),
I would take a quick peek at the Docus.

HTH.

Eamon Roque.