On Thursday 27 March 2003 07:49 pm,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 05:53:52PM -0500, Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
> > As a Red Hat user, I have found Debian to be a little odd frankly. Why is
> > Woody using so much ancient software?
>
> Huh? I've got no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

Well I mean that there are lots of applications that are old in Woody.

> If you want the
> latest funky stuff, run sid. If you want stability, run woody. You can't
> have both at the same time.

I am beginning to grok Debian's philosophy regarding that.

> When I think about it (and look at the uptime of 53 days for my main box
> running unstable), perhaps you can have both...

Uptime is nice but I would like to use Tramp in Emacs and other current
software. I am able to do this without crashing under Red Hat. [ Since they
have moved to a non-free update system I am switching to Debian.]

If I have Woody installed, how do I upgrade to unstable?

Thanks,

Jeremiah