On Fri, 2002-04-19 at 03:57, will trillich wrote:
> debian-users: i've got what may be a nasty situation about to
> happen. any pointers welcome...

> does 'presumed innocent' operate on the mentality of the average
> isp? i'm getting the impression it does NOT...
>
> ideas? help!
>
> (hopefully i'll still be able to get email tomorrow...)

Hi Will,

port 25 is still open but I wasn't able to relay.
Tests:

telnet to
relay-test.mail-abuse.org.  It will automatically
connect to your machine's port 25 and run a variety
of tests to see if your machine is configured
as an open relay.

a better open relay test ...
http://www.paladincorp.com.au/unix/spam/spamlart

rest of um
http://www.linux-sec.net/Mail/#Relay

These links and tips were given to me by Alvin Oga and Jeremy Gaddis
couple of weeks ago.
--

Patrick