For those who like me were getting stuck on the woody install infinite loop
problem (at the point where you specify your timezone, then create a root
password and user accounts):

I d/l'd a new woody CD #1 iso (via jigdo) over the w/e, and just tried it and
the bug is now fixed. I guess the borked package is now replaced with teh
working version.

I've gotten to the point of scanning CD's for packages. Since I was planning
more than one install, I d/l'd all 8 CDs (yeah, I know, I should have gone
for the network install, but I was clearly being brain-damaged), so now to
burn the remaining CD's so I can load them up.