On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:47:17AM +1000, Ross Tsolakidis wrote:
> Using Debian for Sparc, I've been having problems with XScreenSaver, it
> seems to crash periodically.
> Is there any other app out there I can use to lock my screen (password it
> for when I leave my desk)  ?

I had that problem a while back as well, and discovered that the crashes
were dependent on a particular screensaver module being used.  I never
quite tracked down which one it was, but I limited xscreensaver to just
a few relatively well-known modules and all was well.

That was on potato on i386.  I have not had the same problem at all with
woody's xscreensaver on i386.  You might try it, if you're not already
using it.  There might also be a way of getting some debug output when
xscreensaver crashes, but I haven't looked.

noah