I installed 3dwm but I can't make it do anything (interesting). When I
start the server it opens the window, it's completely black and stays
the same, no matter which client I run (except of pick client, which
displays three squares).

  shouldn't clock display clock? and vncclient display vnc?

  here are the packages that I installed:

ii  3dwm-clock     0.3.1-9        A 3Dwm apps
ii  3dwm-csgclient 0.3.1-9        A 3Dwm client
ii  3dwm-geoclient 0.3.1-9        A 3Dwm client
ii  3dwm-pickclien 0.3.1-9        A 3Dwm client
ii  3dwm-server    0.3.1-9        Binary server daemon
ii  3dwm-texclient 0.3.1-9        A 3Dwm client
ii  3dwm-vncclient 0.3.1-9        A 3Dwm client

  this is on debian unstable...

        erik