On Friday 12 August 2005 02:31, Joe Mc Cool wrote:
> Please,
>
> currently the users on my small sarge network use Mozilla to read mail
> from Demon.co.uk.  They stipulate their incoming user name as
> user_name+benburb  to pop3.demon.co.uk.
>
> I would like to change this setup so that my Debian box automatically
> pulls down the emails for ALL USERS.  The users will then change their
> Mozilla account details to extract their mails from the Debian box.
>
> Surely I can do this using the OS ?
>
> I need to do this in order to implement mail forwarding (my kids are
> leaving home !).
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

Not sure of which configuration you are thinking of by mentioning "mail
forwarding"? Do you want to forward the mail to other remote boxes
automagically? That will be the job of an MTA like courier, exim or sendmail.
But maybe you want just one box and your users can dial into it and download
mail via POP3 or IMAP. Then fetchmail really is your friend.

Cheers, Eike

--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
Casilla de Correo 1519