On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:03:51 +0200, Robert Waldner writes:
>2.6.8:
>parport: PnPBIOS parport detected.
>parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7, dma 3
>          [PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,ECP,DMA]
>parport0: Legacy device
>lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).

FWIW, I toyed around with the options mentioned in parport.txt, but for
 the life of me couldn't get parport_pc to honor irq=none/dma=none (DMA
 being the most obvious difference, beside polling vs. interrupt-driven
 between how 2.6 and 2.4 handle the port).

So I set the port via the BIOS to SPP, thus deactivated DMA there, and
 now it works even with 2.6.8.

pnp: Device 00:0b activated.
parport: PnPBIOS parport detected.
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
parport0: Legacy device
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "Having a firewall that allows NFS to the Internet is like having a
--  seat belt that lets your head touch the dashboard." - Marcus Ranum