Kent West wrote:

>jeroen wrote:
>

>>With my limited knowledge i though i could have forgotten to add a
>>window manager
>>

>I don't think so; this looks like a video sync -type issue.

You can double-check this possibility by installing another wm
("aptitude install icewm", etc), or make sure you've got xterm installed
("aptitude install xterm") and then put "icewm or "xterm" in the file
"~/.xinitrc" (you'll probably have to create the file), and then run
"startx". If you put "icewm" in "~/.initrc", Icewm should start up; if
you put "xterm", you should get an xterm (with no window controls; you
can type "exit" to shut down X in such a case).

--
Kent West
Technology Support