On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 10:34:34AM -0600, Art Edwards wrote:
> I have to say that during the time between Woody and Sarge (a long time)
> people
> were encouraged to use testing as a nearly stable platform. Without it,
> Debian
> may have been abandoned by a significant part of its user base. Isn't testing
> like a beta-test distribution?  If this is its intended pupose, wouldn't it
> be
> a good idea to try to assure that large scale problems are kept to a minimum?
> Otherwise, you will be minimizing the size of your test group.

True.  However, large package transitions necessarily cause breakage at
some time or another.  KDE is not one monolithic package.  It is many
small packages, each with its own library dependencies and other
dependencies and reverse dependencies.  Those things usually take a few
doys to completely sort out.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez