On Friday 28 October 2005 16:15, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
[snip]
> >I can't either, until I click in the upper right hand pixel.  That makes
> > the fullscreen minimize to a taskbar entry.
>
> I am having hard luck finding the 'magic pixel'. No luck with Alt-F2 or
> Ctrl-Alt-M either. The thing is inside the nxclient I am running kde
> session and when I press Alt-F2 KDE's usual "Run command" window pops
> up. I guess KDE is the culprit here. It is taking complete control over
> the keyboard and not passing Alt-F2, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-M etc., keys onto
> nxserver.

Weird.  I run nxclient in a KDE session, and Alt-F2 works to minimize the
nxsession, but also works to run programs if I'm not currently in an
nxsession.

[snip]
> >Of course, now that you ask, I clicked around after loading the online
> > help, and found this page:
> > http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03C00172 It states that
> > you should be able to click on the magic pixel at the top right corner,
> > but also that Alt-F2 should minimize the fullscreen application as
> > well.  I tried that, and it works for me on 1.4.0-91, but it states
> > that starting from 1.5.0, you should use Ctrl+Alt+M to minimize or
> > maximize a fullscreen window.
>
> None of these keyboard shortcuts work for me as described in the above
> document. They take the usual KDE meaning. For example if I press
> Alt-F4, the current window closes instead of the session getting
> terminated etc.,
>
> Which window manager do you run inside the nxclient? Which window
> manager do you run on the machine where you run nxclient? I am using KDE
> in both instances and starting to wonder this whole thing is due to kde.
>
> bye
> raju

Normally, I run Gnome on the nxserver, but KDE on the machine running the
client.  I do this because I'm not sure if it's safe to run 2 KDE sessions
as the same user on the same machine at the same time.  Even though one
session is an nxsession, I'm not sure if that would interfere with my
regular X session on the server, where I keep myself always logged in.

Anyway, I tried using a KDE desktop in both the client machine and the
nxsession, and my key bindings worked as expected.  Perhaps you have
khotkeys enabled, whereas I don't?  I enabled it, both on the client
machine and the client session, but it didn't seem to make a difference for
me.  I even tried to set up a khotkey shortcut using Alt+F2, but I couldn't
key it in, as the session would minimize as soon as I hit it.

What keyboard layout are you using?  I'm using US English, standard PC-104
keyboard.  Maybe that could be the problem?

Justin