Chinook wrote:

post install tidbits? [was Help with Linux selection please?]
<snip>

"She who must be obeyed" is happy with her Thunderbird, Firefox and card
games, but not overjoyed with my Gaelic naming scheme.

Whoops, spoke too soon. She is missing "hearts" that she plays with her uum friends*. I thought I found it as part of a package called

Google is your friend. Searching for

+linux +hearts +card +game

got *several* hits.

"floater," but when I bring it up it only has bridge :-( Anyway, after I installed it, it did not show up in a menu? I found it with the file browser and can double click it, but even after a restart it is not in a menu??? Then there is the question that if it does not include hearts I'll figure out how to can it (false advertising?). *OT At my point in life the old men sit around and talk about the weather and the old women sit around and talk about the old men :-)

I am aware of this phenomenon. There are small gathering halls
where the hens sit and cluck. These halls, for reasons known only
to women, are known by secret code names. One of these code names
is "Beauty Parlor". I guess they think we men can't figure out
what is really up.

[snip]

PS: I also meant to ask if one could switch back and forth between Gnome and KDE. Rather than ask what the advantages are <b>to me</b>, I was thinking of seeing for myself what KDE is like :-)

Not precisely. But one can shut down the window manager and restart the
other. Or change the user preference. Or have two user logins with
different preferences.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.