Dear Wesley,

On 1/5/06, Wesley J. Landaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday 05 January 2006 13:16, Luis Finotti wrote:
> > I have
> >
> > -------------------------------
> >   AUTOHOME=$PWD
> >
> >   # Clean up stupid automounter directory
> >   case $PWD in
> >         $AUTOHOME*) cd $HOME${PWD#$AUTOHOME} ;;
> >   esac
> >   PS1='\h[\w]% '
> > ---------------------------------
> >

> Well, this certainly appears to be your problem.

In fact it was...

> What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this snippet? It certainly
> doesn't look like a normal thing to do.

Like I said, I had that in my first .bashrc (in UNIX) and I had no
idea what anything in that file meant.  As I've learned new stuff, I
altered the file, but kept what I wasn't sure what it was, like that
line.  So, I guess I'm trying to say "I have no idea". :-)  I've
commented it out for now...

> Also, do you have the same problem if you use #!/bin/sh instead of
> #!/bin/bash? You mentioned wanting to be portable, so that's a good idea
> anyway.

That's how the script is right now.  I thought it would be nice to use
a few extra features of bash, changed the first line and found this
"change of directory" problem...  I thought it was funny, since in the
Linux machines (where I had that problem) /bin/sh is a link to
/bin/bash, so I was expecting to see no difference with the change...

Thanks!

Luis