hi,

smbmount and smbclient from sid (both i386 and amd64) seem to fail to connect to our local samba server (running sarge, iirc).

smbmount //server/share mnt_point
gives me
4748: Connection to server failed
SMB connection failed

surprisingly the number changes every time this command is issued.

smbclient //server/share
just prints
SMB connection failed

i am sure it worked some time ago. i checked bugs.debian.org, but didn't find anything appropriate... it seems that there might be some conflict between the samba version on the server and on my box (?). when i try to mount the share on the sid amd64 box, it works fine...
it seems that the samba from sid cannot talk to the server running sarge (but i don't have any clue why) since downgrading smbfs to version 3.0.14-a3_sarge solved the problem...

regards,

--
Lubos
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"