David Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/6/06, Bill Wohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it possible to mix both SSI and PHP in a .shtml file? If so, do you
> > have any configuration suggestions?
>
> I've tried various Apache configuration options and have not been able
> to get this to work. Some searching suggests that the only way to do
> it is by creating SSI pages that include PHP:
>
> <!--include virtual="foo.php"-->
>
> It's too bad there isn't a way to tell PHP to try and parse SSI. Heh.

Thanks, David.

A bit more searching seemed to tell me the same thing.

On the pages where I was adding PHP, I ended up converting the SSI code
to PHP, replacing the .shtml suffix with .html (I use AddType
application/x-httpd-php .html), and letting mod_speling sort it out. In
my case, it turned out to be a pretty good solution.

--
Bill Wohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD