Josep Serrano wrote:
On Friday 17 February 2006 07:29, Josep Serrano wrote:

Do you guys clean regularly your /tmp ?

Yup.  The tmpreaper package is great for that.

Yes, tmpreaper does the job. But here I was preteding to simply reuse the
bootclean.sh by simply making a symlink. Why installing an addittional package
if
you already have the stuff to the the job?

Maybe I am wrong and it is a bad idea using bootclean.sh in crond ?

My understanding (I am not a Linux guru) is that it is risky
to remove things from /tmp while the system is "up", as
some apps, for example X Window system, store stuff in there
which they don't need to survive a boot, but do need to keep
clickin'

So using a script may not be a Good Thing. I regularly remove
stuff by hand, when I can recognize what they are and am
sure that I no longer need them.

# du -s /tmp
9020    /tmp

Mike