Saturday, 25 February 2006 00:38, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Here is a new test system to improve spam reporting in Debian.
> It seems mutt users will be the primary ones to use this.

Presumably, KMail users should also be able to participate.

> ----- Forwarded message from Cord Beermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----
> If you get spam via our lists, BOUNCE[1] it to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The way to seemingly achieve the same effect in KMail 1.9.1 is to use
Message->Forward->Redirect (shortcut: E). I believe older versions had
the same feature under Message->Bounce (which seems to be supported by
an obviously outdated section of the manual). I'm sure someone will
point out if this feature does not meet the requirements of this
application.

Now, as a question of policy, are the half-dozen daily "unsubscribe"
messages from those too illiterate to comprehend a two-line instruction
added in caps to every message on the list considered spam? They're
certainly unsolicited (nobody wants 'em) bulk (they're bothering
everyone on the list) e-mail. What about challenge-response junk, false
bounces from misconfigured spamfilters, and out-of-the-office replies?

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/