Hi! I've got a new Intel Pentium 4 dual core server with sarge (3.1r1) installed from the binary-1 CD. (It seems like the e1000 network module in Debian is too old to support the network cards and I couldn't use the netinst CD. There are two Intel 82573 gigabit controllers on the motherboard.)
Since the CPU is dual core I need to upgrade to an SMP kernel to use them both, right? So I installed the kernel from kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686-smp_2.6.8-16sarge1_i386.deb but when i reboot the server hangs at "Uncompressing Linux...". I then tried to install both kernel-image-2.6.8-3-686-smp_2.6.8-16sarge2_i386.deb and kernel-image-2.6.8-3-686_2.6.8-16sarge2_i386.deb with the same result. Could I have done anything wrong? Why wont the kernel unpack on this machine? Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Any help would be appreciated. I'm out of ideas myself. :-) Best regards, Jonas Mixter -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

