Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much) wrote:
Pabla,Balbir [Ontario] wrote:

Herby I am posting the solution, which worked for me.

Thanks, I saved your message in case I ever need a grub boot floppy, but I think that you'll find syslinux and LILO more suited to the task.

To what task? His question related to changing his current GRUB
setup to be able to boot multiple OS and versions thereof. I suggested
that he do that by making a boot floppy, and fiddling the configuration
on the floppy before comitting changes to disc, so he wouldn't risk
his current setup. How would using LILO be a better way to figure out
what his disk configuration for GRUB should be?

Syslinux is much easier to set up, and although LILO is hard to set up, you can configure it so that you don't have to type as much when booting.

LILO is a big pain in the butt, and I am glad that Red Hat has
abandoned it. I don't know much about Syslinux.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.