Hello everyone,

In the very beginning, our intention was to install Debian 3.1 Sarge with the
2.6.8 kernel (via 'linux26' at install prompt) on our Dell PowerEdge 2800
server, but at the step in the installation process where it was suppose to
partition the hard disks, it gave an error citing no hard disks were found.
However, it worked with a regular install (with 2.4.27 kernel), which is
probably because of the lack of the megaraid or megaraid2 driver/module in the
2.6.8 kernel.  Since then, we've upgraded our stock 2.4.27 to an smp kernel
which is more fitting for our dual Xeon processors.  What I'm wondering now is
if we upgrade to the 2.6.8-3-686-smp kernel via apt would it have any ill
effects (i.e. it can't detect any hard disks again)?

Thanks for your help

-Glen

Glen Yu | 416-739-4861 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]