On Saturday 08 April 2006 00:18, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> I downloaded kio-locate_0.4.5-1_i386.deb from
> http://arminstraub.de/browse.php?page=programs_kiolocate&lang=en . But I
> am unable to install it on Debian Sid running kde 3.5.2. The exact
> errors are
>
> $sudo dpkg -i kio-locate_0.4.5-1_i386.deb
> Selecting previously deselected package kio-locate.
> (Reading database ... 264885 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking kio-locate (from kio-locate_0.4.5-1_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kio-locate:
>  kio-locate depends on kdelibs4c2 (>= 4:3.4.2-1); however:
>   Package kdelibs4c2 is not installed.
> dpkg: error processing kio-locate (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>  kio-locate
>

> The website
> http://arminstraub.de/browse.php?page=programs_kiolocate&lang=en does
> not tell where to report the problems. So I thought I would ask on d-u
> if other users were able to solve this problem and offer some suggestions.

Download and unpack the file
http://arminstraub.de/downloads/kio-locate/kio-locate_0.4.5.tar.gz change
into the directory that will be created. Now run the command "fakeroot
debian/rules binary" without the "" and it should build the package for you
to install if you have the qt and kde -dev files installed along with
build-essential. The problem you are having is the .deb is the kdelibs is at
version/name kdelibs4c2a on your machine where it is looking for kdelibs4c2
to be installed. I have linked (1) the output of building the package I just
did here if you want to check and see what it will look for if you try too
build it yourself.

(1) http://users.eastlink.ca/~stephencormier/kio-locate-build.txt

> thanks
> raju