On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:23:44 -0400
Rick Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Maybe I should remove the symlinks to /etc/init.d/alsa and see what
> happens since alsa-util is already getting called earlier.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> There are two links to alsa scripts in the /etc/rc2.d dir:  alsa and
> alsasound.  Plus the call to alsa-util from /etc/rcS.d makes three.
> I'm really starting to wonder if all three of these are meant to be
> called at startup.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick Reynolds

The following is from /etc/init.d/alsa:

# There is no longer any need to run this script on bootup or shutdown.
# It must remain in /etc/init.d/ for now, though, because certain
# other scripts expect to find it there.

So yes, I would remove the symlinks to it. I don't know about the
alsasound script. What package does it belong to?

--

Liam