Magnus Therning wrote:
> Currently I'm experiencing some problems with sending emails from work.
> The mail server seems to let through some emails, but not all. Most
> irritating of all emails to this list don't seem to reach the list :-(
> This has given me enough incentive to look into solutions that would let
> me send emails without going through they flakey mail servers at work.
>
> What I was considering was a setup with a local postfix relaying email
> over an SSH tunnel to a server.
>
> Does anyone any good resource for this (besides Google, please :-)?
>
> /M

You could try `ssh -L 25:localhost:25 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Of course, that requires that you be root.  If that will not work, use
port 2525 on the first part of the tunnel specification and then
configure your MUA to use port 2525 on localhost.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto