I've posted before about some mouse problems with the 2.6 kernel. I've finally tracked it down to the KVM. Right now I'm using a 4 port KVM that was never any problem until the 2.6 kernel. Now that I know that the flakey mouse behavior I'm experiencing is from the KVM, I want to replace it. I have heard about people using KVMs with the newer kernels without problems. (I'm currently using Sid with the 2.6.15 kernel, but may be using Ubuntu on a few when Dapper Drake comes out.)
I'm using a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, both cordless. The mouse is optical and I do use the scroll wheel a lot (that's where the problem is). I don't know if that makes a difference, but it might be worth mentioning. I am hoping to move to an 8 port KVM. I usually work with some of my systems through ssh, but it would be nice to be able to have 8 ports so I can switch over when needed. If necessary, though, I can use a 4 port. If possible, I'd like to find one with an on screen display. It isn't necessary, but it would be helpful. A quick change time would be helpful, as well. While the 2-6 seconds my current KVM doesn't sound like much, when I'm testing software and have to switch back and forth, it can be a pain. If anyone is using KVMs that work well with the 2.6 kernel, I'd like to hear what works, what kind of mouse and keyboard you're using and if there are any problems. I've seen some good ones on New Egg, with reviews that said they've used Linux, but the kernel version is never mentioned. Thanks for any recommendations of what to use or avoid or any experiences anyone can share about KVMs and the 2.6 kernel. Thanks. Hal -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

