Steve Lamb wrote:

Curt Howland wrote:
It hasn't been a republic since at least the time of a large number of people being forced at gun point to become "citizens" against their will, 1865.

   Most would also cite when the states lost their representatives in the
Federal government.  17th Ammendment, 1913.  The idea prior to then was that
the Representatives were in Congress to represent the people while the
Senators were there to represent the States interests.  Now that the Senetors
are directly elected by the people they are nothing more than another form of
representation for the people.  It's kind of why states rights have been
trampled on ever since.

It's getting rapidly worse...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/05/30/national/w132119D75.DTL&type=politics

/...and yes, Alito cast the deciding vote.

Quoth: Stephen Kohn, chairman of the National Whistleblower Center, "The ruling is a victory for every crooked politician in the United States."/

Will you Americans please do something about all this?
I'm already working as a volunteer down at the local branch of the terrorist recruitment centre, and sending every spare cent I can to Iran.
Don't you think it's time to do your share?
Regards,