On 28.07.06 03:49, gustavo halperin wrote:

> By now I have the current 'hdparm' settings: -m16 -c3 -u1 -Xudma5
> Then the  'hdparm -Tt /dev/hda' show the next results:
>    /dev/hda:
>    Timing cached reads:   1376 MB in  2.00 seconds = 686.58 MB/sec
>    Timing buffered disk reads:   50 MB in  3.02 seconds =  16.53 MB/sec
> But if the configuration is '-m0 -c0 -u0 ' the result from 'hdparm -Tt'
> is the same, so there are any way to improve this Timings ??

If your system uses DMA, those settings are not used.
What kind of disk is that? If that's older type of hdd, it's quite fast.
If it's new one, do you have connected it using 80pin cable?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
How does cat play with mouse? cat /dev/mouse