Celejar wrote:

> I was upgrading hostapd from version 1:0.5.0-1 to 1:0.5.3-1 and apt-get says
> that hostap-modules is a suggested package. hostap-modules does not currently
> exist as part of Debian, and version 1:0.5.3-1 doesn't suggest it, but
> version 1:0.5.0-1 does, so I assume that hostap-modules existed when
> 1:0.5.0-1 was current. But what sense does it make for apt-get to suggest a
> package that no longer exists? Is this a bug in apt-get or hostapd?

If it was a bug, then it would be a bug in the package (hostapd),
because apt-get just reports what the packages says its
dependencies are.

However, in this case it does not look like a bug at all, as the
most recent version of the package has correct dependencies.

Hope this helps,

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd