Hello

I have a Toshiba Portege R100 using the new Trident device of X.org, and after the lid has been closed the video resolution gets strange but is easily restored by switching to vt1 and back to X. There a some way do it automatically ?

 Thank you,
        Gustavo

BTW: I find in the net (http://borderworlds.dk/writings/freebsd_on_toshiba_portege_r100.html) a script, see below, but this scrip not really work for me. This script use a command called "vidcontrol", and I don't know and also didn't found any command with this name, more over, I also don't know what is the relation between close-the-lid and the "notify 5" inside the file "/etc/dev.conf".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Insert the following into |/etc/devd.conf|:
| notify 5 {
       match "system"          "ACPI";
       match "subsystem"       "Lid";
       action "/root/bin/notify_lid $notify";
};

And the respective file notify_lid:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# file notify_lid
use strict;

die "No state given" if (@ARGV != 1);

if ($ARGV[0] eq '0x00') {
        system "/usr/sbin/vidcontrol -s 1 < /dev/ttyv0";
} else {
        system "/usr/sbin/vidcontrol -s 9 < /dev/ttyv0";
}