On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:22:14 -0400, Stephen Yorke wrote:

> Jabka Atu wrote:
>> I'm searching for real debian live,
>> I'm familer with distrowatch but i couldnot find one that will be
>> deb
>> and not some spinoff .
>> the reason is that i need it to be easy to do apt-get upgrade
>> dist-upgrade to spesific version after instalation .

grml!!! check out grml.org

> From: Russell Ost [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Fri 9/22/2006
> live.debian.net is what
> you are looking for. It has pre-build iso's, and the application to
> build your own.

> I tried the
>> MAKE-LIVE scripts and found them hard to
> configure and the documentation isn't that great.
>
> I have been trying to create live CD's for the past 3 weeks now and the
> past week when I DEBOOTSTRAP SID I get locale issues...go figure.
>
> Just get a Morphix or Knoppix Base and look at their guide(s) on
> remastering.  Both are worthy although I went with Morphix.

If you want to learn how things work under the hood, go with above. If you
want to avoid trouble as much as possible, go with grml.

I've been finding/watching/trying different LIVE CDs (preferable Debian
based) for a long time, and have tried all above.

I've now stopped finding because I've found the best one (to me) so far --
grml. check out grml.org. It is pure Debian based. It's a live CD, but
you can apt-get to install your package too in live CD environment.

You can also get a working pure Debian system on HD within minutes. By
"pure Debian system", I mean everything is actually Debian in grml.
You can start install/customize right away after the installation. I'm
using Debian Testing now, which was its HD installation.

check out the rest at my old post:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/249330

HTH

tong