Ed Curtis wrote:
> It's not a dual-boot. I'm not sure but I think the bios date/time had
> something to do with it because I haven't had a problem with it since
> resetting it and updateing with ntpdate.

I'm unsure about modern hardware, but older machines often suffered from
clock-drift, and could be particularly affected by system load and/or
weak/dying CMOS batteries.

I'm unsure if ntpdate sets the hardware clock; if it does, I would doubt
this explanation. If not, I would suspect this as the problem.

As far as some of your apps exhibiting strange behaviour, I can only
assume they're clock-sensitive in some way.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>