Somewhere in a basement on the other side of the planet from me sits a
machine with an x86 processor, no OS, and 160GB of local drive space.
I want to install Debian Sarge onto it. The only person near enough to
do it has no computer experience, although I've convinced them &
they're willing to do as much as pressing the power button and
inserting a CD.

My question is how to get Debian onto such a machine. My first thought
was to hack debian-31r4-i386-netinst.iso so that it immediately sets
up the network connection via DHCP and run sshd. Then I can run the
installer remotely.

There doesn't seem much data on Google about what to alter on the .iso
to bring up networking and ssh on boot. Any input?