Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am an Ubuntu (Debian's kid) lover who has decided recently to port
> some of my work on Debian. I have downloaded minimal CD of Debian's
> latest version. Everything seems to go fine, but when the installation
> is done, the X-Server can be run and the OS just stays in text mode
> without GUI. There is also a log file which has been created after
> several attempts to run X-Server but it is messy enough. Can anybody help?

Try "aptitude install x-window-system kde".

This assumes that you don't enough installed for what you need, and if
that's the case, should prompt you if you want to use gdm or kdm as your
login manager (kdm is KDE's; gdm is Gnome's, but either will let you log
into either the Gnome or KDE environment (if both are installed) via a
menu on the login screen).

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>