On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 05:46:56PM +0100, Yvan wrote:

> I know about jigdo, I used it last year, but now whoever was
> responsible for creating .jigdo and .template files for unstable / sid
> stopped updating files:
>
> ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sid-dvd/jigdo/

These were never official in any sense. At this point, you might be
better to move to "testing/Etch" which is about to become stable.

Unstable changes radically and the pace of software change may mean
many MB per night: it's not economic to build Unstable DVD's even
weekly.

Testing is currently settling down immediately prior to release :
once it's released, the pace of updates will be slow and
manageable.

Most of what you need is on the first DVD of any Debian set - therefore
all you need is a 4.4GB download.

> I found some German sites offering Debian sid DVD-s but for ~$35. So it
> is possible to get sid, and I am just asking here if anyone knows how
> to do that.

All the best,

Andy