andy wrote:
Good day

I have an old-ish laptop with a dodgy CD-device, onto which I want to install Etch. I am using Etch on my desktop and the laptop is connected to the same LAN that my desktop is on. Is there anyway that I can exploit this arrangement to enable me to install onto the laptop?
if your laptop supports it, try a network install with tftp boot
see also http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/ch04s06
(i have never tried bootp, only pxe since my machines did support it...)

yours
albert