Manoj Srivastava wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:12:55 -0600, Kent West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
The material looks like standard guitar tabs you'd find on the web,
like this, from http://www.guitaretab.com/a/adam-sandler/211.html:

Package: musixtex
 This package contains the MusiXTeX macros, musixflex, MusiXTeX User's
 Manual in LaTeX source and DVI formats, and example source MusiXTeX music
 score files.
Package: musixlyr
 musixlyr is a set of TeX macros to be used with Taupin MusiXTeX
 (version T.52 or later) for typesetting vocal music. Its purpose is
 to compensate two drawbacks of MusiXTeX's lyrics handling:

Looks promising, but the learning curve appears to be a right-angle. From page 2 of the manual:
If you are not familiar with TEX at all
I would recommend to find another software
package to do musical typesetting.
Setting up TEX and MusiXTEX
on your machine and mastering it
is an awesome job which gobbles up
a lot of your time and disk space.
But, once you master it...
Hans Kuykens

I tried to find a _simple_ Step1-Step2-Step3 to go from a blank text file to a finished one-liner staff, but either my googling capabilities are inadequate, or as is typical of much Free software, the folks who know how to do stuff never bother to write for those who don't. (Don't get me wrong; I very much appreciate the efforts of the developers of Free software, etc; it just sometimes gets frustrating when you're coming in as a total newb, which I am when it comes to TeX and friends.)

Thanks, though!

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>