Paul Johnson wrote:
> In size and authority, yes, but unfortunately not in ability to serve it's
> public, which really should be the litmus test of a government's success
> overall.

    Uh, no.  There is a reason why the Constitution specifically limits powers
not explicitly granted to the Federal government in the hands of the states
*or* the people.  The litmus test of a government's success is how little
there is of it in our lives, period.

>> You know, since a bigger government is necessary for socialized
>> healthcare.

> Take it out of the military.  They can afford it.

    They can?  They?  Who's they?  Can we?  We're the one's footing the bill.
 You think they magically have the funding?  Seems that's how most on the left
view economics.