Hello.  I have a scanner, HP ScanJet 6200C.  There's also a TV Card on my
computer (Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture), which I don't use.  When I start xsane, as regular user, it only
allows me the choice of the Bt878 device, and not the HP ScanJet.  However,
when using it as root, it gives me the option to choose which device -- at
which point I choose the HP ScanJet, and everything works fine.  I wish,
though, to use it as my regular user, and not be bothered having to use it as
root (being forced to change the owner and properties of the subsequently
created image files, etc.)  Any tips for how I can do this?

Mark