Hi, I am configuring a bonding in linux (Debian) and I have many problems. Always Only one card it's receiving and sending packets.

My config is:

iface bond0 inet static
      address 192.168.18.210
      netmask 255.255.255.0
      network 192.168.18.0
      broadcast 192.168.18.255
      gateway 192.168.18.254
      up ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1
      down ifenslave -d bond0 eth0 eth1

Other problem is when I "ifdown" then bonding device the OS goes to a infinite loop and I have to shutdown uncleanly, it's strange.... I load the module with mode=0 and mode=4 options, with miimon=100 and without miimon option... I don't know. I haven't a 803.2ad switch capable and the mode=4 fails and it's OK.

The ethernet cards I'm using are a Realtek 8169 (From DLINK and KTI) .. I don't know what can be the problem ...

You know ??