On Friday 30 March 2007 22:43, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 22:19 +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
> > Greg Folkert wrote:

> > > We buy Bread at Aldi. $0.45 a loaf or $0.15 a loaf when trying to sell
> > > off before tomorrow's shipment. Seem pretty much everything is that way
> > > at Aldi.
> > >
> > > The white bread is very good for "tasteless" bread. Wheat is $0.50,
> > > $0.15 respectively, I like the wheat better than most "branded" kind.
> >
> > Which country is this?  Here, Aldi doesn't ever sell bread that cheap.
>
> The good ole US of 'Murica. Specifically in Grand Rapids, MI.
>
> And to be honest, the only thing I don't like about Aldi bread, is that
> it isn't always the "tradition" loaf shape. Sometimes a bit deformed.
>
> I'll go out on a short limb and say that more than 95% of the stuff Aldi
> carries that has direct "brand-name" equivalents, is better tasting...
> or SUCH a great value, that the taste doesn't matter at that point. Most
> fall in the first category. Cereal, Milk, Bread, Ground Beef, Pork
> Chops, "frozen" burritos, Fish Sticks, Fired Potatoes, Potatoe Chips,
> "Juice" (cranberry, Apple, Sunny D knock off orange, etc) drinks, Soda
> pop, Vegetable oil(different kinds), shampoo, hand soap, Paper Towels,
> Tissue, Frozen seafood, fresh vegetables, beef Steak cuts, brats,
> sausage, yogurt, pre-made pudding, boxed stuffing, "mac and
> cheese" ($0.29 each box and significantly better tasting than Kraft
> equivalent) and many other products in similar shape and form.
>
> One product that falls into the second category:
>
>         "Manwich" costs $1.99 in most stores(plus or minus $0.20)
>
>         Aldi equivalent $0.29. It isn't quite as flavorful, but it still
>         tastes a might good better in comparison to plain ground beef
>         and really is only slight less tasty than "Manwich"
>
> I mean, since the price difference is so HUGE and the quality is mostly
> as good or even better, why Aldi is not deluged by people from open to
> close, I'll never know.
> --
> greg, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Recently bought a webcam from Aldi. Reduced from 25 to 5€. It works fine using
the ov511 driver. They had some more there at the same price, so I bought 2
more. Nothing like having a couple of spares.

And the breads ok too.

You don't find the usual brand names, but I have no problem with the stuff
they provide. It tastes ok, and all I'm trying to do is stay alive.

Nigel.