Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andrei Popescu wrote:
>
> > Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> That is awesome news! Thanks for sharing it. Now I just hope that
> >> the Dell systems come pre-installed with Debian!
> >
> > As much as I like Debian, but wouldn't Ubuntu make a better option?
> >

> Actually no! If they go with Ubuntu, every 6 months they have to
> train their staff for the new release Ubuntu makes. Moreover, from my
> personal experinece, I think Debian Stable is much more stable than
> Ubuntu Stable.

What about sticking to the release with long suport I heard about?

> If they are serious about this, it is better if they go with Debian.

Don't get me wrong, I think Debian is the greatest, but it's not
perfect. But I also hear *buntu has some additional software that would
be more suitable to compete with Windows.

Debian with additional tools would also do the trick, but it involves
more work from Dell. If it has to be a desktop oriented distro then at
least let it be Debian based.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)