Deboo ^ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  On 5/24/07, Thomas Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Deboo ^ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I was trying some bigger fonts to use with xterm but adding them and
> > > then starting xterm would make xterm size very large, more than the
> > > screen size. So I edited .Xresources and added a xterm*geometry option
> > > to a reasonable geometry size.
> >
> > http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html#tiny_menus
>
>  I read thru the FAQ and did try many things to make xterm fonts
>  at least as large as the terminus font on the console  but whichever
>  font I try it's not really good for the eyes and also not similar
>  height like the terminus on console.

Try playing around with xfontsel (it's in xbase-clients), a
pointy-clicky interface to fonts.  BTW, for consoles like xterm, you
don't want "p" in the "spc" column.  Only "c" or "m" there will do.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html